Source: http://www.un.org/peace/kosovo/news/kosovo2.htm#Anchor68
Accessed: 10 July 2000

UN mission condemns shooting of two Kosovo Serbs in Pristina
JUNE 21-- The shooting of two Kosovo Serbs on a Pristina street yesterday evening received wide condemnation in the province's capital, where senior United Nations officials, along with the members of the Kosovo Transitional Council (KTC), laid a wreath today on the spot where a man and a woman had been seriously wounded by unidentified suspects.

The head of the UN Interim Administration Mission in Kosovo (UNMIK), Dr. Bernard Kouchner, who led the KTC members through Mother Teresa Street where the shooting occurred, told the people gathered there that "all of us, members of the KTC, are here to express our outrage and our determined opposition to the continued violence in Kosovo."

"Stop the violence," Dr. Kouchner said, as he expressed his sympathy for the victims of the brutal attack. "Let us work towards a Kosovo based on justice, tolerance, freedom and democracy."

Also taking part in the ceremony was Carla del Ponte, the Prosecutor of the International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia, Carla del Ponte, who is visiting several areas in the region. Mrs, del Ponte told the Transitional Council today that her investigators would continue their forensic work in Kosovo to gather additional evidence on indictments, including that of Yugoslav President Slobodan Milosevic. She told reporters in Pristina that she had "no intention" to withdraw that indictment.

Document compiled by Dr S D Stein
Last update 10/07/2000
Stuart.Stein@uwe.ac.uk
S D Stein

ESS Home Page
Kosovo Index Page

Holocaust Index Page
Genocide Index Page