Gravediggers of Memory
Holocaust denial essays
from Elliot Neaman's students
1995-2004© Elliot Neaman / PHDNReproduction interdite par quelque moyen que ce soit / no reproduction allowed
PHDN's foreword : (click to read...)
PHDN's foreword : (click to hide...)
From 1995 to 2004, Dr. Elliot Neaman (Ph.D.) taught a course about historical methods (history 210) at the University of San Francisco. He had some of his students work on Holocaust denial (and other anti-historical frauds) material and made their essays available on the internet on his "Gravediggers of memory" page. For some years now, these essays were offline. Dr. Neaman was kind enough to authorize PHDN to put them back online. Students' names have been replaced by their initials.
Dr. Neaman's introduction : (click to read...)
Dr. Neaman's introduction : (click to hide...)
These web pages are dedicated to all the victims of genocide in the twentieth century. One of the great scandals of our day is the growing number of pseudo-intellectuals who have nothing better to do than to spread lies about the events of the 1940s in German concentration camps. Their claims that the camps were established merely to intern Jews for the duration of the war and that no deaths resulted from gassings flies in the face of the research of every distinguished expert in the field. What is so disturbing about their arguments, however, is that the deniers have been successful at creating the impression that there exist major differences of opinion about the gas chambers, when in fact, on the substantive issues, there is wide agreement. While one may argue about the exact number of Jews gassed to death between 1942 and 1945, the fact that the killing machines built at Auschwitz between1941 and 1943 were designed to murder Jews is simply beyond dispute. But instead of distinguishing between facts and fantasy, the deniers have succeeded in convincing many people that there is a "debate" about the gas chambers - that there are "two sides to the issue."
Instead of burying our heads in the sand and pretending that Holocaust deniers will just go away, the students in my class on Historical Methods at USF have the task of studying Holocaust denial literature and carefully peeling away, layer by layer, the distortions and historical sophistry that has been perpetrated by these abusers of history. Like common grave robbers they violate the remnants of the past in search of personal gain or out of sheer maliciousness. It is hoped that the research papers posted on this web site can contribute to the Sysiphean task of upholding truth in a world where people easily fall prey to conspiracy theories, legends and phantasmagoric ideas without any base in reality.
Professor Elliot Neaman
- Confronting Holocaust "Revisionists": Nuremberg War Crime Trials, by A G.
- Zu Offnen die Tur des Richtigs (An Overview of Holocaust Denial), by E-A. G.
- The Holocaust and the Zionist Conspiracy Behind it, by D. K.
- Witness to the Holocaust: The Denial of First-person Testimony, by M. R.
- Nuremberg and the Deniers, by M. S.
- Combating Rationalization: Refuting Deniers' Claims Concerning the Einsatzgruppen, by M. W.
- German Antisemitism Perpetuating the Final Solution, by D. A.
- The Denial of Nuremberg Testimony, by R. A.
- A Study of the Diary of Anne Frank, by Y. G.
- Response to The Myth of the Six Million, by A-J. H.
- The Controversy of Anne Frank, by M-K. A.
- Ernst Zundel, Douglas Christie, and the Conspiracy of Holocaust Denial in Canada, by G-P. M. H.
- Legitimizing the Deniers: the Role of Ordinary Historians in Holocaust Denial, by M. J.
- The Technical Existence of the Extermination Gas Chambers at Auschwitz and Birkenau, by D-A. L.
- Hitler's Questionable Leadership, by J. O. Jr.
- The Auschwitz Gas Chambers and the Leuchter Report, by A. O.
- Harry Elmer Barnes, by D. P.
- A Look at Holocaust Denial Through the Works of a Propagandist, Ernst Zundel, by S. P.
- The Unraveling of the Leuchter Report, by E. W.
- The Misplaced Affections of Joseph Hallow and the Dachau War Crimes Trials, by C-A. B.
- Medical Experimentation on Human Subjects by Nazi Germany and Japan, by A-C. D.
- The Liberty Lobby and Holocaust Denial, by A. H.
- Mattogno's Attack on Pressac and Auschwitz, by J. L.
- The Extermination of the Jews and Adolf Hitler, by F. B.
- Mattogno’s Attack on Pressac and Auschwitz, by J. L.
- The Final Solution, by J. R.
- David Irving, Exposed, by K. M.
- Paul Rassinier: Credible, or Merely in Denial?, by M. S.
- Harry Elmer Barnes and the Blackout of History, by P. S.
- The Trials of Ernst Zündel, by S-A. N.
- The Conspiracy Behind it all Zionism, by V. V.
- The Trap of Deception, by Y-M. M.
- The Eichmann Trial, by D. S.
- Farrakhan and Holocaust Denial, by R. H.
- David Irving's Hitler , by D. F.
- Wasn't Auschwitz a Death Camp? by M. S.
- Rassinier's Lies of Ulysses, by C. Y.
- Ceresole: La Falsificación de la Realidad, by M. H.
- Carlo Mattogno by J. W.
- Rassinier, by L. O.
- Austin J. App and the Proliferation of Holocaust Denial, by T. L.
- Irving's Nuremberg, by K. L.
- The National Alliance, by M. H.
- Richard Harwood, by S. G.
- The Leuchter Report, by A. H.
- Fred Leuchter's Problem, by A. O.
- Richard Harwood's Politics, by K. B.
- Francis Parker Yockey, by E. F.
- Bradley R. Smith; The Real Hoax, by A. A.
- Rassinier's Attack on Hilberg and Arendt, by K. E.
- Did Six Million Really Die? by C. M.
- Ditlieb Felderer, Denial of Truth and Memory, by G. B.
- Benzion Netanyahu and the Spanish Converso Question, by S. G.
- Martin Luther's Antisemitism, by J. A.
- Faurrison and the Zyklon B Question, by V. A.
- David Irving: An Apologist for the Unthinkable, by J. A.
- On David Irving's book Hitler's War, by P. D.
- Lying About Hitler: The Irving-Lipstadt Trial, by S. H.
- The Turner Diaries, by E. F.
- The Anti-Darwinists: Creationism, Intelligent Design and the Attack on Science, by S. R.
- A Pearl Harbor Conspiracy?, by V. T.
- The Nanking Massacre and The Text Book Controversy, by B. B.
- The Rape of History: Nanking and Japanese Denial, by J. R.
- Ernst Zündel and Free Speech in Canada, by A. D.
- David Irving and the Bombing of Dresden in World War II, by S. S.
- Uncovering Mark Weber and the Institute for Historical Review, by T. S.
- The Judas Factor: The Mystery of Malcolm X’s Assassination, by L. R.
- Truth or Absurdity:The Search for Conspiracy and the Western Ideal, by P. B.
Last Updated: July 1, 2004
[ Holocaust denial (french) | Tout PHDN ]